Become a Local
Join team of Locals in your city!
Day With A Local ™ offers an unforgettable opportunity to be in touch with travellers at the moment in Helsinki, Porvoo, Stockholm and Tallinn and is soon expanding to new cities. For travellers, Day With A Local ™ experience is a non-traditional program option between with the elements of both a tour and going around with a new friend. Locals are not guides, better yet they’re Locals!
Are you interested in joining our team? We are interested in hearing about new potential Locals in our current cities as well as new locations!
We are looking forward to recruiting Locals at the moment especially in Helsinki, Porvoo, Tampere, Stockholm, Tallinn, Riga and Copenhagen. We are also interested in suitable Locals overall in EU area, in case you can work with your own business ID.
Let’s be the change we want to see in travel & tourism!
If you are interested in joining us, leave your application through the following links. Unfortunately we cannot reply to inquiries by phone at this time. After your application, we will e-mail you within a few days!
We’re looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Tell about your interest to become a Local
- Become a Local in Tampere – Individual interviews
- Become a Local in Tallinn – Individual interviews
- Become a Local in Helsinki – Group and individual interviews
- Become a Local in Porvoo – Group and individual interviews
- Become a Local in Stockholm – Group and individual interviews
If interviews aren’t currently available, you can always e-mail about your interest in joining us to hello(a)daywithalocal.com – remember to attach your photo, CV and possible social media links in your e-mail!
Contact us if...
- You’ve got a huge interest and passion in sharing what your city and nearby areas are like
- You’re at least 21 years old
- You’ve lived in the city or nearby for a minimum 5 years, unless otherwise agreed
- You’ve got good social skills
- You are a friendly, helpful, open-minded, honest and reliable person
- You’re interested in new cultures and meeting people
- You know your city, the country and its culture well and are interested in learning more
- You are very familiar with the public transportation network and used to using it
- You speak fluent English, other languages are a plus
- You’ve got first aid skills, even better if you also have a hygiene passport
- You’re ok with having your photos & videos online and guests taking your photos and videos
It is not required to have any experience in tourism field or guiding, it is even better if you don’t have any professional experience in tourism.
Why do you interview people? Isn't anyone a Local?
We want to guarantee the best possible guest experience and that is why it is important for us to have knowledgeable, social and friendly team members who are great representatives of Day With A Local. Knowing our team members in person is also an important safety matter for us.
Working as a Local
- In Finland you can work either as an employee or with your own business ID
- In Estonia you would be working through Goworkabit
- In Sweden you would be working with your own business ID or you can work through ukko.se or Firmify, or equivalent
- In EU area: you can contact us if you have your own Business ID, unfortunately working as an employee is not an option outside Finland